Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Modeling questions

June 30, 2016 08:27AM
Hi,

As background, I was watching some of the episodes from (IIRC) Family Channel's 1989-1991 TV show Bordertown. It was filmed in BC, Canada.

Although the background history for the story does not match true history, it is an good TV show that is in the style of the 1950's westerns like Palladin - 30 minutes long.

I'd like very much the way the town set is set up and would like something in much it's flavor for a town on my N scale layout. Maybe move it forward to the 1930s.

If you've seen the show, you know what I'm talking about. If not, it is a typical wild west mythical town. In Bordertown, there were a few business I had not though about but would have been needed in a typical frontier town.

B ordertownreminds me of the early photos of Creede exept there is no narrow canyon it is sitting in. The Mountie (NWMP) outpost (1 man) shared with the US sheriff is a very novel idea. I saw a few items on ebay that might fit the era but in Canada (on the 49th parallel) there is no Mexican building influences and much of what I found is adobe or brick instead of wood and false fronts.

Having last modeled in N scale in about 1972, I was wanting to know what suggestions anyone might have for kits (non-craftsman if possible) that might fit there. I can not at the moment find my copy of The Rainbow Route, but I seem to recall that Red Mountain Town may fit closely.

Any modeling suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks.

Doug vV
Subject Author Posted

Modeling questions

dougvv June 30, 2016 08:27AM

Re: Modeling questions

Ed Stabler June 30, 2016 08:42AM

Re: The Grey Fox - thumbs upthumbs up

Russo Loco June 30, 2016 12:36PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login