Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: NNG: The Flying Scotsman - Now You See 'Er, Now You Don't . . . eye popping smiley

March 02, 2016 03:48PM avatar
The first video reminds me of the people set up at the park crossing near Steilacoom, WA when 4449 and 844 were doubleheading for the return to Portland for the 'once in a lifetime' trips up there. The UP train was on the track closest to the water. When it came through, a Amtrak cascades raced past, blocking the shot. This video, a couple of miles down the line at the former NP depot, shows it was still blocking the approach for these photographers as well.

A great deal of cursing ensued as there was no way any of them were going to be able to catch up with the train anywhere else and this was their only shot at it. I didn't shoot there, deciding to focus on areas way south of there which ensured I had two setups I would be able to hit.

-Lee

Flickr photo set of my On30 layout
Subject Author Posted

NNG: The Flying Scotsman - Now You See 'Er, Now You Don't . . . eye popping smiley

Russo Loco February 26, 2016 11:04AM

Re: NNG: A Flying Scotsman Video . . . eye popping smiley

philip.marshall February 26, 2016 12:48PM

Ed Stabler February 26, 2016 01:23PM

daveyb February 26, 2016 03:41PM

Re: NNG: The Flying Scotsman - Now You See Her, Now You Don't . . . eye popping smiley

Chris Walker February 26, 2016 05:20PM

Re: NNG: The Flying Scotsman - Now You See Her, Now You Don't . . . eye popping smiley

Russo Loco February 26, 2016 06:19PM

John Cole February 26, 2016 06:48PM

Chris Walker February 26, 2016 08:08PM

Russo Loco February 26, 2016 09:50PM

Re: NNG: The Flying Scotsman - Now You See 'Er, Now You Don't . . . eye popping smiley

ozinoz February 26, 2016 11:38PM

Russo Loco February 27, 2016 11:50AM

Chris Walker February 27, 2016 03:21PM

Re: NNG: The Flying Scotsman - Now You See 'Er, Now You Don't . . . eye popping smiley Attachments

ND Holmes February 27, 2016 02:23PM

Steve Forney February 27, 2016 05:16PM

Re: NNG: The Flying Scotsperson - Now You See 'Im in Full Colour . . . thumbs upthumbs up

Russo Loco February 27, 2016 07:03PM

et&wnc March 02, 2016 03:48PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login