Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Navajo Res.Bridge - SJE Friends Documentation

June 09, 2000 09:45AM
Rich and others, I am planning an extensive recon trip on the old ROW from Durango to Chama for The Friends Of The SJE later on this summer. The purpose of the trip is to inventory, photograph and document all remaining bridges, buildings, structures, etc listed on the 1920 D&RGW ROW Map.
Any information you would have on the nearest intersecting present day road access points for the parts of the old ROW that are still accessable and driveable in a small pickup truckwould help.
Which bridges and their approximate locations can/cannot be crossed with same pickup or motorbike or bicycle. Non drivable sections would be covered with small off road motorcycles or pedaled with trail bikes. Are there any sections where prior permission is needed before access? Any "off limits"?
All info; comments, sketches, photos,published books, or maps you guys might have in your files or your heads or know about would make the documention a lot easier and faster for me and the SJE Friends. I welcome you to "ride shotgun" with me on the section(s) you are familiar with when I make the documentation Trip.
I plan to make the trip, probably in early Sept. and Oct when its a bit cooler, but possibly sooner if I can get the necessary equipment and supplies together. Thanks for your help and encouragement so far.
Abandoned now but never forgotten, The SJE will one day rise again !! Keeping the faith, Bill Malin, A Founding Member of the SJE Friends
Subject Author Posted

Navajo Reservoir Bridge

Dave Dye June 08, 2000 09:57PM

Re: Navajo Reservoir Bridge

Bill Malin June 08, 2000 10:16PM

Re: Navajo Reservoir Bridge

Rich Muth June 09, 2000 07:11AM

Re: Navajo Res.Bridge - SJE Friends Documentation

Bill Malin June 09, 2000 09:45AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.