Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FABULOUS D&RGW Narrow Gauge show 05/30/15 thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

May 29, 2015 07:11PM avatar
Tom Gildersleeve wrote (in an e-mail):
=============================================
In case you might be interested, I am putting a program on for the Santa Clarita Valley
Historical Society on Saturday, May 30 at 1:00 PM.  The title is "The Last Great Steam
Show in America."
  It's not a long program and runs for about a half hour.   It will be
held in the community room of the new public library located at the intersection of Lyons
Avenue and Main Street.

... Coincidentally, I have been informed that there will also be an exhibit titled 'On the Tracks: Art of the Locomotive', in the same room which will run between June 10 and October 5 in case you might be interested.  It's sponsored by the City of Santa Clarita Arts Commission, and I do not have any direct involvement with it.   - Tom

I have just finished watching a DVD of the program that Tom will present tomorrow, and it is WONDERFUL!!   For those of you who are familiar with Tom's work, he needs no introduction - along with John West he is the premier color photographer of the D&RGW's last great surge of action in the early 1960's, and is co-author with Nils Huxtable of 'Narrow Gauge...then and now'.  Only a few of the photos in the book - such as the two below which he contributed to the "Help Save #483" screen saver ten years ago - are in the show; nearly all of the photos were new to me, including more than a dozen of #491 in action roughly 55 years ago!

If you live anywhere near Santa Clarita, DON'T MISS THIS PRESENTATION!!

- Russ

p.s. Here are just two of Tom's fabulous photos that I've posted on the NGDF previously:
62-10-t-Chama-night.jpg

63-03-t-flanger-Lobo-Lodge.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2015 07:15PM by Russo Loco.
Subject Author Posted

FABULOUS D&RGW Narrow Gauge show 05/30/15 thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up Attachments

Russo Loco May 29, 2015 07:11PM

Re: FABULOUS D&RGW Narrow Gauge show 05/30/15 thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

John Cole May 30, 2015 06:27PM

Re: FABULOUS D&RGW Narrow Gauge show 05/30/15 ... smileys with beer

Russo Loco May 30, 2015 07:53PM

Re: FABULOUS D&RGW Narrow Gauge show 05/30/15 thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

BillD June 01, 2015 09:55AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login