Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: RGS track

May 05, 2015 02:09PM
Hi,

I made a simplistic reply. As I have always said, there is never one cause but a string of causes bringing about actions or non-actions.

As is stated, the amount charged to the RGS by the D&RGW for the rental of a K28 vs K27 is also a factor. It is also possible that the unconfirmed story of a K28 trying to go up the RGS and derailing several times might also be an issue.

In 1930, the RGS was in the RED and the Ames slide I think was not too far away cutting the line in half for many years. The Geese were not far away.

As one physics theory states, if you can fully determine the full status of a single particle, you can extrapolate to the full history of the universe.

I have a fun Sci Fi book that mentions the "balance of entropy." One of the funniest ideas I've ever scene.

I recalling seeing an article in a 1830 era science publication (I think it was Scientific American) that stated that man never would travel faster than 25 miles per hour because the air pressure on the face would not allow the person to exhale.

Please understand that by not listing (ad nausium) all the possibilities, I do not automatically exclude them.

If you wish to chase the straw that broke the camels back fell free to do so.

Thanks for all the fun, history, and interesting ideas on this board.

Doug vV
Subject Author Posted

Of 2-8-8-2s, Garratts and K37s Attachments

dougvv May 04, 2015 04:06PM

RGS track

hank May 05, 2015 10:17AM

Re: RGS track

dougvv May 05, 2015 02:09PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login