Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A favor for a friend

February 24, 2015 09:54PM avatar
My Polish friends Piotr and Ewa will finally make it to The States in August -- Nancy and I spent a month chasing and riding trains with them in Poland in 2000. Piotr is a well known railfan and model railroader in Poland, and for several years was involved in a Polish heritage railroad project scaringly similar to the C&TS

We will show them the best that the Denver area has to offer during the first week of their visit, and then turn them over to our mutual friends Ted and Kay in Alamosa. Ted and Kay are sympathetic to our train interests, but are not railfans. They plan to put Piotr and Ewa on the train at Antonito, probably about August 26, and then pick them up at Chama and take them back to Alamosa. I'm like "NO way man! They gotta spend the night in Chama, preferably at Roger's place or the Chama Station Inn, and then chase the train up the hill the next morning." I will do the best I can to make that happen even though I won't be there.

Here's the favor, or maybe three favors:

1. Would someone be willing to spend some time with them on the train pointing out historical and geological highlights (Ewa speaks excellent English, Piotr understands but doesn't talk much).

2. Would someone be wiling to give them the "fireman's tour" of the Chama yard and shops.

3. Would someone be willing to take them on a train chase to Cumbres (Ted and Kay could do it, but they are kind of "grannies" when it comes to that sort of thing).

Any or all of the above would be appreciated.

Feel free to respond via private message -- no need to clutter up the board with this.

Thanks

"Time spent with CATS is never wasted." -- Sigmund Freud

"Nothing endures but change." -- Heraclitus

"C'est le meilleur des mondes possibles." -- Candide
Subject Author Posted

A favor for a friend

gothpapa February 24, 2015 09:54PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login