Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Carman opening at D&SNG

November 13, 2014 04:55PM
Taking a idea from Randy, my esteemed comrade across the turntable, I thought we'd also announce an opening for carman at the Durango & Silverton NG RR.

The position is full time, year round. No experience is necessary, though mechanical ability is required. Also, a willingness to learn and work inside and outside in any weather, and a thick skin (we like to rib each other in the shop).

In our Car Dept., the Carmen also act as car inspectors. We inspect the cars on each train, perform brake tests, and repair the cars as well as do annual inspections and building/rebuilding of rail equipment.

We will train an apprentice carman in switching operations or on test/work trains. However, at present our Carmen do not work in regular train or locomotive service.

Welding and past experience operating heavy equipment are a plus.

As Randy mentioned, the job comes with a competitive benefits package, paid time off, and 401K eligibility after 1 year.

Applications may be found at [www.durangotrain.com]

Interested candidates must submit an application to be considered. Serious candidates may contact me directly for more job duties at seanjackson@durangotrain.com

No phone calls please.

I hope everyone has a pleasant Thanksgiving and Christmas season!

Sean Jackson
D&SNG Car Shop Foreman
Subject Author Posted

Carman opening at D&SNG

Sean Jackson November 13, 2014 04:55PM

Re: Carman opening at D&SNG

davidtltc November 14, 2014 07:51AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login