Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: San Bernardino & Redlands

October 13, 2014 07:46PM avatar
A map was published in Ira Swett's Inrterurban Special Tractions of the Orange Empire. The "Orange Empire" was what the orange growing region abound San Bernardino, Redlands and Riverside was once called. (Now it is called the "Inland Empire.") The book had a few chapters about early steam lines before turning to tell the story of the electric streetcar and interurban lines of the region.

It republished with some modifications in Journal #49 of the SPNGS. A second part of the SB&R story appeared in issue #51.

Issue No. 49, Winter, 2008
Former editor Bob Bader tells the story of Southern Pacific’s narrow gauge operation in Southern California. This was a 3’ gauge line between San Bernardino and Redlands. It started with steam dummies and ended up with a former S.P.C. 4-4-0. Includes map and eight photos.
cover49.jpg

Issue No. 51, Fall, 2008
Part two of the San Bernardino and Redlands Railroad provides rosters of locomotives and passenger cars. Also copies of SP car floor plans and station list. Includes nine photos and two floor plans.
cover51.jpg
For back issue information see the Society's website and in particular it's publications page.
Also available is membership information.

Brian Norden
editor SPNGHS

PS-- I might have posted a version of the map. But, I transfering from an XP machine that failed to a new Windows 7 machine and I'm without my photo editing program to reduce the file size for posting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2014 07:50PM by Brian Norden.
Subject Author Posted

Another SPNG?

bcp October 12, 2014 08:37PM

Re: Another SPNG?

bcp October 12, 2014 08:42PM

San Bernardino & Redlands

Brian Norden October 12, 2014 09:35PM

Re: San Bernardino & Redlands Attachments

bcp October 12, 2014 10:57PM

Andre Anderson October 13, 2014 12:37AM

Jeff Taylor October 13, 2014 02:29PM

Jeff Taylor October 13, 2014 06:15PM

Brian Norden October 13, 2014 07:46PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login