Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Passenger Boarding at Cumbres

May 29, 2000 09:18AM
I was following the threads posted about ten days ago regarding scheduling a short trip to Cumbres and the possible or likely contractual problems vis-a-vis Antonito departures. However, one thing that Earl wrote at that time caught my eye: "GBart did offer a bus to Cumbres and return by train in the afternoon. I think it did fairly well considering it wasn't really publicized. It was intended primarily for the after lunch walk up business."
When I was at Cumbres on Saturday, I saw about a dozen or so folks get off there to get an early bus return to Antonito (instead of riding on to Chama to catch the bus back). Why not sell those seats to those who might just want a short ride. Or, if there are not many folks departing the train at Cumbres, carry an extra empty car up the hill in the morning and fill it up with the after lunch walk ups in the afternoon. Since the train is up there already, the cost of hauling an extra car up there (if needed) would be minimal. There could be a market for such a short trip -- but I agree that it shouldn't be publicized too much since it might cut into scheduled train revenues. Just put a sign up in the station or let those who call by phone know about it.
Subject Author Posted

Passenger Boarding at Cumbres

Dave Boyer May 29, 2000 09:18AM

We Do

John Craft May 29, 2000 09:55AM

Re: Sorry about that

Dave Boyer May 29, 2000 01:39PM

Multiple steamers in Antonito that day!

David Dewey May 29, 2000 01:55PM

Re: Passenger Boarding at Cumbres

Jay Wimer May 30, 2000 06:59PM

Randall E. Hess June 04, 2000 01:43PM

Jay Wimer June 04, 2000 06:12PM

Doug vV June 04, 2000 06:42PM

Jay Wimer June 04, 2000 06:54PM

Doug vV June 04, 2000 10:30PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.