Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oops we forgot to finish the lettering!

May 25, 2014 09:59AM avatar
When I heard that 463 was running a special on the the 17th and that Jay had requested the 0579 caboose for the 315 charter, I wanted to get a photo of the two meeting at Sublette. Since I had worked on the 0579 restoration and both my son and I worked on 463's tender, there's a bit of fondness for both. So I contacted Jay to see if I could join the photo line at Sublette. He was more than accommodating; I didn't feel it would be right to chase the 315 given the riders paid good money to get the photographs and have the experience. So I spent the day following the 463 train instead.

When I got to Sublette, I saw that a flat car was on the siding at figured the meet had to be at the east switch. When the 315 went into the siding and the 463 finished taking on water, I figured some of the riders would want to photograph the meet at the east end of the siding. Nope, nobody cared, I guess it was "all about the 315". So just Jay and I were there to record the event.

Thanks Jay!

But in looking at the photo now, I see that we didn't finish the lettering after the movie company repainted it last year ! I better let Friends HQ know about that.

Bill Kepner

DSC_1436a.jpg
Subject Author Posted

Oops we forgot to finish the lettering! Attachments

drgw0579 May 25, 2014 09:59AM

Re: Oops we forgot to finish the lettering! Attachments

drgw0579 May 25, 2014 10:12AM

Re: Oops we forgot to finish the lettering!

Russ B. May 26, 2014 11:27PM

Re: Oops we forgot to finish the lettering!

EBTfan15 May 27, 2014 08:23AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login