Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Resurrection

May 10, 2000 10:36PM
The article in Trains, while great, is a bit over enthusiastic. (The article as written by Mallory Hope Ferrell was accurate, but some things were apparently changed in the editing process)RGS/C&S 74 is indeed being restored. The locomotive is owned by the city of Boulder, Colorado and the Boulder County Railway Historical Society is working with the city on the restoration. We are presently in the process of evaluating the locomotive to determine the feasability of making it operable.
As for the coach (D&RGW #280) it is being restored by Uhrich Locomotive Works in Strasburg Colorado. The coach is expected to be completed by the end of August and the Georgetown Loop has offered to operate the coach in September. Details are still being worked out. We are also in the process of doing some stabilization work on the caboose (D&RGW 04990).
If anyone would like more information on the project, please email me your address and I will be happy to snail mail it to you. (my email is amjm@indra.com ) Also, updates are posted on our website, which is hosted by narrow gauge on the net. (www.narrowgauge.net)
Jason Midyette Boulder County Railway Historical Society
Subject Author Posted

Resurrection

John McGlothlen May 07, 2000 05:42PM

Josh Levine May 07, 2000 07:34PM

Jason Midyette May 10, 2000 10:36PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.