Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ed Stabler CD Release Party at High Country, June 27... thumbs upthumbs up

May 18, 2012 03:04PM avatar
Good News, Everybody!!

Our own Ed Stabler has just finished recording an album of railroad songs, and will be celebrating
with a live concert and a party on the patio at the High Country in Chama on Wednesday, June 27,
at 7:30 pm, following the Friends work session dinner that evening. There will be a follow-up concert
at the Rio Chama campground on Friday evening, June 29, also at 7:30 pm. This second concert will
feature several authentic Cowboy songs along with RR songs from his new album.

A former employee of the Cripple Creek & Victor RR, Ed was a volunteer during the restoration of the C&TS when the railroad was established in 1970; he was the hostler on #483 the first night she was steamed up after being received from the D&RGW.  Several of you may also remember Ed from his providing entertainment for the 40th Anniversary Celebration of the C&TS and his participation in the reënactment train on August 30, 2010.   His previous CD, 'Wind in the Wire' with Kelly Henson (now Kelly Kingston), rose to #16 on the international music charts in the Cowboy (NOT Country-Western) category that year;  IMHO Ed's new CD - which includes beautiful renditions of three of my favorite railroad songs ('Fast Freight', 'City of New Orleans' and 'The L&N Don't Stop Here Any More') - is even better!

Fast-Freight-cvr.jpg

Of course I'll have to admit to being a little prejudiced - I twisted Ed's arm to get him to at least check out my all-time favorite song of any genre - Terry Gilkyson's classic 'Fast Freight' (sung by Dave Guard on the Kingston Trio's first album in 1958) - and Ed liked it so much that he has used it as the title of the album and honored me by using one of my photos on the cover (above).

See Ed's MySpace page at [www.myspace.com] for a brief bio and additional information on his career.

- Russo

p.s. Thankfully, although there are a couple of humorous songs on his new album, Ed did NOT include 'The Ballad of Festus Frothjaw' (aka 'The Foamite Song').   Those of you not familiar with the definition of the term 'foamer' are cautioned to turn your speaker volume WAY down before checking out Jason Rose's video of Ed putting up with me at [ngdiscussion.net] ...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2012 02:20PM by Russo Loco.
Subject Author Posted

Ed Stabler CD Release Party at High Country, June 27... thumbs upthumbs up Attachments

Russo Loco May 18, 2012 03:04PM

Re: Ed Stabler CD Release Party at the High Country on June 27 ... thumbs upthumbs up

Ed Stabler May 18, 2012 03:34PM

Re: Ed Stabler CD Release Party at the High Country on June 27 ... thumbs upthumbs up

Rich Murray May 18, 2012 03:51PM

Ed Stabler May 18, 2012 05:59PM

Re: Ed Stabler CD Release Party @ High Country on June 27 ... smileys with beer

Russo Loco June 18, 2012 05:49PM

Jason Rose June 18, 2012 09:19PM

Russo Loco June 18, 2012 10:41PM

John Cole June 23, 2012 08:37PM

Ed Stabler June 24, 2012 05:29AM

Re: Ed Stabler CD Release Party at High Country, June 27... thumbs upthumbs up

Russo Loco May 20, 2012 01:51PM

Ed Stabler May 20, 2012 04:07PM

Russo Loco May 21, 2012 12:21PM

John Cole May 30, 2012 06:59PM

Russo Loco May 30, 2012 07:07PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login