Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NNG: Docenting and Me

June 02, 2011 05:55PM avatar
John West's post in another thread, "I don't know about owning it, but if you ask you can probably get a free ride across it. Of course, you'll be asked to work as a docent or something like that." made me decide to let everyone know about my situation.

I became a member of the Friends of the C&TS in 1998. I volunteered for two years as a Chronicler then I became a Docent. I was a Docent from 2000 until the end of last year.

I am no longer a member of the Friends and I am no longer a Docent!

The decision was mine, but it was prompted by decisions made by both the people in charge of the Friends and specifically the Docent program. I believe that the Docent program is what differentiates the C&TS experience from ANY other railroad!

I will miss the interaction with the passengers, enhancing their experience, sharing information during their ride and ALL the wonderful and interesting people who I've met on the train! It was a WONDERFUL, rewarding and life changing experience!

My new gig is as a National Park Service volunteer guide on the Amtrak Southwest Chief between La Junta, Colorado and Albuquerque, New Mexico. I friend of mine recently commented that "I had gone pro"!

Come ride the Chief with me sometime,
Rich Muth

P.S. I'm still the person spearheading the Geology Train that will run on the C&TS on Jun 26th!
Subject Author Posted

NNG: Docenting and Me

Rich Muth June 02, 2011 05:55PM

Re: NNG: Docenting and Me

Brian Shoup June 02, 2011 06:49PM

Sandiapaul June 03, 2011 04:10AM

Samart June 03, 2011 07:39AM

Russo Loco June 04, 2011 06:56PM

gato June 03, 2011 11:16AM

Rich Muth June 03, 2011 11:29AM

Richard V. Mousner June 07, 2011 02:41PM

CharlieMcCandless June 09, 2011 06:23PM

nedsn3 June 11, 2011 04:34PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login