Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Inbound into Chama 1-6-57

January 09, 2002 10:46AM
John:
Take care of the back first.
I could tell a story which includes a novel prescription from many years ago, 25 to be accurate.
I developed a kidney stone and in those days they put you in the hospital. Well I had an elderly gentleman as a roomate whose wife was sure that he could not survive unless she was there with him 24 hours a day, so about the second night I got up in the middle of night and went into the bathroom to strain nothing through the filter paper and when I came back into the room there was someone in my bed. Of course it was the man's wife who was exhausted and when a bed beckened she took advantage of it. As I had been given a pain shot earlier I was not in the best shape myself but managed to lean against the wall. Fortunately the gentleman was awake and signaled for the nurses. Well afer some commotion and remaking the bed I managed to get back in my own. The next day it was the talk of the hospital and I was moved to another room.
At the end of the stay after the stone was forcefully removed my my wife said jokingly to the doctor that she thought a younger woman in my bed would have moved things along faster than a 70 year old, and he wrote me a prescription for a 24 year old blond. For some dreason the druggist would or could not fill it.
End of long not so narrow gauge story.
Get well soomn.
Frank
Subject Author Posted

Inbound into Chama 1-6-57

John Templeton January 07, 2002 08:51AM

Frank Martindell January 08, 2002 10:27AM

John January 09, 2002 07:43AM

matt j. January 09, 2002 09:53AM

Frank Martindell January 09, 2002 10:46AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.