Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why are posters concluding that the CTSMC is not responsible for fixing Lobato?

July 19, 2010 02:59PM avatar
Both here on the NGDF and on other boards, posters have claimed that the CTSMC is not responsible for fixing Lobato.

For example, in this July 18, 2010 04:49PM post, Dick Cowles said:

Dick Cowles
1. As the operator, CTSMC has NOTHING to do with efforts to fix the bridge.

Try as I might, I cannot understand why Dick and others are posting this. Let me explain what I've observed so far:

(1) There is a likelihood that the bridge was ignited by a passing train. (As far as I know, arson was ruled out and the fire has not been determined to have been an act of god.)

(2) Adequate fire protection measures were not in place. (I think this point is hard to refute - the C&TS fire truck was out of service and the bridge deck burned out of control; ergo, the fire protection measures were inadequate.)

(3) My understanding is that the CTSMC was hired for its expertise in managing the railroad.

When an individual or firm is contracted for their professional expertise, that individual or firm gets stuck holding the bag when a preventable accident or incident happened under their watch.

So, given these three points, how does someone conclude that the CTSMC is not responsible for Lobato?

Please understand that I am not saying the CTSMC is responsible -- I just want to know how on what basis other posters are ruling that possibility out!

I simply don't understand how you guys are coming to that conclusion, so I am hoping somebody can explain it to me.

--
Chris Webster
Subject Author Posted

Why are posters concluding that the CTSMC is not responsible for fixing Lobato?

Chris Webster July 19, 2010 02:59PM

Re: Why are posters concluding that the CTSMC is not responsible for fixing Lobato?

pd3463 July 19, 2010 03:13PM

Re: Why are posters concluding that the CTSMC is not responsible for fixing Lobato?

mikerowe July 19, 2010 03:34PM

Dick Cowles July 19, 2010 05:08PM

mikerowe July 19, 2010 05:48PM

plberes July 21, 2010 05:00PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login