Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

C&TSRR Victorian Iron Horse Roundup

January 01, 2020 06:54AM
Friends,
There have been several topics posted on this site regarding the event. I have even started or participated in a few of these. It is now 2020 and there is very little confirmed info regarding locos attending, trips with each loco, tickets, etc. I know I am extremely OCD, but I like to plan early to get best airfare, hotel selection, etc. I do not want to buy a pig in a poke, so to speak, by getting reservations and plane tickets without tickets in hand to the event. I do understand that there is a lot of work to plan and carry out such an event, and the railroad is working with several different folks and organizations.
Thus far I see this info on the web:
Posted on Railserve.com-August 22-29: Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad Roundup of Victorian Iron Horses
Visiting steam locomotives include Eureka & Palisade #4, Glenbrook, and D&RGW #315 (as #425), plus recently restored D&RGW #168 - Antonito, Colorado
Details forthcoming: Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad
Related photos: Cumbres & Toltec, D&RGW #315, Eureka & Palisade #4 (SteamPhotos.com)
Related video: Steam in the Mountains Vol. 2 (Yard Goat Images)
Posted on Cumbres & toltec Site-Roundup of Victorian Iron Horses, between August 22-30, 2020. The C&TSRR will present a roundup of engines built before 1900 that will run on the line to commemorate this special year. This event will feature at least four locomotives and will be based mostly in Antonito, CO. It will include several opportunities to ride behind these locomotives on trips to Osier and return. The locomotives will come to Chama for display and operation before the close of the event.
Any specific info as to trips, tickets, or even indications as to when this would become available would be greatly appreciated.
Happy Rails (and New Year) To You,
Ted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2020 06:57AM by Ted Yarbrough.
Subject Author Posted

C&TSRR Victorian Iron Horse Roundup

Ted Yarbrough January 01, 2020 06:54AM

Re: C&TSRR Victorian Iron Horse Roundup

KevinM January 01, 2020 09:01AM

Re: C&TSRR Victorian Iron Horse Roundup

Ted Yarbrough January 07, 2020 12:30PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login