Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Happy Easter Steam (NNG)

April 20, 2019 10:46AM
I may have posted these years ago, but just recently found the scans. Easter 1975 found few steam trains running on the line from Rheine-Emden-Nordeich Mole. So my friend from the UK and I decided to visit the shed and roundhouse at Rheine. What we found was a packed house and yard, with something like 80 engines there that day. One of my main reasons for making that trip(After going in 1974), was to get one more taste of the 012, 3-cylinder pacifics at work. They were schedule for removal from service in May. I got my requested cab ride about 2 weeks earlier in 012-075, and here is 012-055 sitting at Rheine, with Frohe Ostern written on the smokebox. That means Happy Easter. What a nice memory of an engine facility filled with engines. This is where I wished I had a drone, to get a view from the air of the vast quantities of steam engines. There was no real way to capture it on slides because you could only get a handful in each view! Anyway have a good weekend. I have a close-up cropped of the front, but it was too big to post here.
Greg Scholl
[www,gregschollvideo.com]
Raw 012-055 unsharp mask only low rescopy.jpg
Subject Author Posted

Happy Easter Steam (NNG) Attachments

Greg Scholl April 20, 2019 10:46AM

Re: Happy Easter Steam, narrow gauge Attachments

Olaf Rasmussen April 20, 2019 11:12PM

Re: Happy Easter Steam, narrow gauge

Greg Scholl April 21, 2019 08:57AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login