Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rail in Morrison, Colorado!

November 25, 2017 04:29PM
Today my wife and I were in Morrison, Colorado. And while she was in her favorite store I went across the street to the parking lot where the old Denver, South Park and Pacific yard and turntable used to be. I had previously found three pieces of rail between the east end of the parking lot and the now closed antique store. In the first picture below you can see the end of the parking lot with the antique store beyond with the rail marked with a red rectangle. The next two pictures show the rail. The third picture shows the one heavier piece of rail and one of the two very light pieces. The last picture is taken from the rail looking towards the parking lot towards the turntable location. The pit is still there under the parking lot! Since I can't think of any other reason for the rail being there I believe that this is from the yard itself probably dug up when some work was done on the parking lot or some other activity.

What do others think about this? Should the rail be left where it is or preserved in some museum either in Morrison or elsewhere maybe Como?
Morrison_4E.jpg
Morrison_3E.jpg
Morrison_2E.jpg
Morrison_1E.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2017 04:31PM by John Meixel.
Subject Author Posted

Rail in Morrison, Colorado! Attachments

John Meixel November 25, 2017 04:29PM

Re: Rail in Morrison, Colorado!

Chris Webster November 25, 2017 04:37PM

Popeye8762 November 25, 2017 07:51PM

hank November 26, 2017 10:12AM

Rick Steele November 29, 2017 10:09AM

John Meixel November 28, 2017 07:45AM

Car57 November 29, 2017 08:22AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login