Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This week(month) at Knotts!

February 11, 2010 02:37AM avatar
Well it is more like this month at knotts. Here is whats been going on.
The goose is still running on the weekdays, and 340 is running on weekends. 41 spends most days in the shop all cozy and warm.(btw I did polish her reflector, and it looks great) For Valentines day we are running steam Sat, Sun, and Mon.
Its been raining alot here in "sunny" California. The goose isn't as fun in the rain, mostly because there isn't a large fire to keep you warm.

Lets see, Jason is still planning another Dinner on the Durango. Hope he gets approval for it. I must point out that I'm not saying that another one is coming, its just my opinion that I hope there is. That's a fun event for everyone. I enjoyed being the engineer for the last one.

The 310 is coming along nicely. The interior wood work is almost done. She has both her truck's out for repair's. Are new mechanic/machinist (Matt Hoover) has been working hard on them. We also had her wheels sets sent out to a local shop to be turned. Man they look sweet!

Here are the truck's. You can see some journal boxes in the left corner after good cleaning in the solvent tank.
Photobucket

Here is the coach on cribbing. If you look in the top left you can see we have started painting the roof black. The outside of the clerestory windows have been painted green on that side as well.
Photobucket

And here are two wheel sets that came back after being turned.
Photobucket

Also if you have ever been to knotts then you have probably seen the little building that sits on the engineers side of the loco when in the depot. Well last week it was moved back stage for some repairs. What does this have to do with anything you ask? well with it gone you can see the whole right side of the loco and tender. This makes for good shots of the loco in the late after noon sun. I don't know how long it's going to be gone so I took some pics last week of 340 after I was off. I was the hostler that day and I put the spark arrestor on.

This is the shot you can't get when the building IS there.
Photobucket

Here is another view, later in the evening.
Photobucket

I asked the guys for a little smoke. oops, a little to much!
Photobucket

I love this shot of 340, love that headlight glow!
Photobucket

And last I thought I'd show you these pics of two of our rails. The first one is from around the same time as most of our rail. The second is the oldest piece I can find that we still use. I think they are 65 or 70LBS rail. have to check.
Photobucket

Photobucket
So far I found three of these 1897 rails on the main.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2010 09:51AM by Jeff Taylor.
Subject Author Posted

This week(month) at Knotts!

Jeff Taylor February 11, 2010 02:37AM

Re: This week(month) at Knotts!

CraigjP February 11, 2010 06:05AM

Steve Hughes February 11, 2010 07:25AM

Coach 310

Kevin Cook February 11, 2010 08:11AM

Joe Taylor February 11, 2010 09:34AM

Jeff Taylor February 11, 2010 09:57AM

jalbers February 11, 2010 10:19AM

Russo Loco February 11, 2010 12:59PM

Ten Wheeler February 12, 2010 08:08AM

TUnfried February 12, 2010 08:52AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login