Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Things to do around the Cumbres & Toltec

July 10, 2017 11:03AM
Hello,

I am thinking about planning a family trip next summer that would include a ride on the C&TS "Cinder Bear Express." My son would be five next summer, and he loves steam trains (and the C&TS is my favorite railroad in the country). Are there other things in and around Chama that a five year old would enjoy doing? My big concern about taking such a trip is lack of things to occupy the attention of a young child. Also, I think the all day trip on the C&TS would be too long to do. I know there is more to do in Durango, but IMO the C&TS is a better experience, and the "Cinder Bear Express" is the perfect ride for children (and there might be a double-header pulling the consist up to Cumbres Pass. smiling smiley If we stayed in the Salida CO area, which is centrally located to a number of activities (including a children's museum in Crested Butte), we wouldn't be too far from the Antonito end of the C&TS, but there aren't any shorter trips we could take from there.

Any recommendations and opinions are welcomed; I appreciate any thoughts you'd like to share.

Thank you!

Jason

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2017 11:04AM by jfeldman75.
Subject Author Posted

Things to do around the Cumbres & Toltec

jfeldman75 July 10, 2017 11:03AM

Re: Things to do around the Cumbres & Toltec

John Meixel July 10, 2017 11:42AM

rdamurphy July 11, 2017 04:28AM

Popeye8762 July 11, 2017 04:41AM

tomc July 11, 2017 06:55PM

John K July 12, 2017 04:56AM

sunsetlimited July 11, 2017 07:47PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login