Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gilton Club

September 10, 2001 04:47PM
Hi Guys,
Last week I received an e-mail from Lisa Gold, who is the owner of the Gilton Club building in Ophir. I gave her some names of organizations that I thought might be able to help her and I also asked if it would be ok to post her note on the discussion group. I thought it was the best place for her to plead her case and ask for help. She has given permission and so here is the e-mail as I received it.
I was just given your name from Rob "Goose" Herronen. If you've been by the old boarding house or Gilton Club at the Ophir Loop I'm the
one that's been slowly restoring it. Have had some major obstacles like when I paid people to remove the old siding, windows and doors to repair the foundation and structure and the county roads dept intentionally ordered their plows into it etc. before we could put it all back and the present condemnation hearing of part of my
property.........etc.
I write because there is a condemnation hearing On October 4, 2001 for the county to try and take part of my historic property to try and make huge ugly road improvements and further destroy the
historic nature of the area, making huge ugly retaining walls, etc. The counties attorneys are going to try and discredit the historic nature of the area and property for their condemnation and we'll need someone to testify to the importance of the last bit of history at the Ophir Loop and the Rio Grande Southern.
If you could give me a call or I can give you a call if you e-mail your number, I can give you more details. Also, if you have any suggestions of local people who could testify with credibility to the significance, that would be great.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Sincerely,
Lisa D. Gold
Owner of the Old Gilton Club
If any of you feel that you can help and would like to contact Lisa her e-mail address is: ldgold1@juno.com
Perhaps one of the regulars to this board is familiar with the situation and could expand on what Lisa says. I am unfamiliar with the Highway Department's plans and so really can't add to what she has to say.
Thanks for reading her letter.
Bill White
Subject Author Posted

Gilton Club

Bill White September 10, 2001 04:47PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.