Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trips on The C&TS

September 08, 2001 10:51PM
My wife and I recently visited Southwestern Colorado for the first time in 34 years...I had looked forward to riding the C&TS for years and we finally accomplished the task. On Aug 16th we did the Antonito-Osier trip and on the 18th we did the Chama-Osier trip. Both trips were in the parlor car, an option we heartily endorse...needless to say, I spent most of my time on each trip in the open gon car. The trips were everything I had hoped for and much, much more.
On the trip from Chama we spotted Kodak Rock below Windy Point and my wife wondered how people got up there...I told her I'll tell you about it tomorrow after I've chased the train to Cumbres.
We drove to Durango after leaving Chama and I rode the Silverton Train...you can't beat the open and friendly atmosphere of the C&TS!
One more train trip occurred on the way back to Denver and that was a ride on the Georgetown Loop Railroad...then an afternoon was spent at the Colorado Railroad Museum before hitting the road back to Illinois.
11 days in Colorado and 3 in Chama...I'm now piece mealing 74 rolls of film, 5 rolls at a time, to the developer.
Subject Author Posted

Trips on The C&TS

Will Gleckler September 08, 2001 10:51PM

Re: Trips on The C&TS

PRR September 09, 2001 01:55PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.