Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DNS & connection issues - Open DNS followup

October 23, 2007 07:53AM avatar
Some of you may recall that Don posted some information a while back on moving to "Open DNS" as an alternative nameserver to help solve the connection problems that some of us are having. I was the sacrificial lamb who first tried this out, as I was then having problems and had been locked out for better than a day using my ISP's (QWest business) recommended nameservers.

I've been using "Open DNS" ever since with generally favorable results, but last night got hit with a lockout once again. The bottom line is that, as I rather expected, "Open DNS" may help, and will probably get you back in following a lockout faster than your local ISP's DNS servers will, simply by virtue of being at the top of the propagation food-chain, but it's no cure-all.

There's still a problem out there, and I'm even more convinced than ever that it originates with the NGDF's server.

But again, to Don and John, please note that the sole purpose of this posting is to provide information. I'm NOT complaining. I appreciate all you do here, and enjoy the heck out of this resource. Occasional lockouts aren't that big a deal.

Scott
Subject Author Posted

DNS & connection issues - Open DNS followup

Scott Turner October 23, 2007 07:53AM

Re: DNS & connection issues - Open DNS followup

nickgully October 23, 2007 09:17AM

Scott Turner October 23, 2007 12:27PM

Don Richter October 23, 2007 12:36PM

Chris Webster October 23, 2007 02:30PM

Mike B October 23, 2007 04:43PM

Brian Norden October 23, 2007 10:49PM

More confusion

Dave Bates October 23, 2007 03:21PM

Re: More confusion

Philip H. Walters October 23, 2007 04:26PM

Re: More confusion

Don Richter October 23, 2007 04:58PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login